Enrollment Closes for 2023
Make Your Own Herbal Remedies and Empower Your Family to Thrive in 11 Weeks
Do you want to take control of your own healthcare choices and explore the power of herbal medicine?
Do you straddle the fence between trying a natural remedy versus buying something over-the-counter?
Have you been searching for ways to support your loved ones with safe, delicious, and effective herbal remedies, but don't know where to begin?
If you're passionate about holistic health and eager to start creating your own herbal teas, tinctures, syrups, salves, sprays, and more, then Family Farmacy is the solution you’ve been searching for!
Our 11-week program will give you the knowledge and skills you need to confidently address common health complaints and promote wellness using the healing power of time-tested and clinically-proven plants. We want to see you using your precious paid-time-off for vacations instead of sickness and recovery!
Welcome to Family Farmacy
From head to toe, lymph to lungs, you’ll learn the foundations of herbal medicine, how to make your own herbal remedies to address your family’s acute ailments, techniques for creating your own custom multi-herb formulations, and the basics of anatomy and physiology, so you have a deeper understanding of how the herbs are interacting and creating positive shifts in your body.
At the end of the program, you'll feel confident and capable to fill your cabinet with herbal remedies that you know and trust. You’ll be empowered to make medicine that nourishes, mends, and enhances the vitality of yourself and loved ones. You'll be equipped to address common complaints without relying on expensive, invasive, and side-effect ridden treatments, all while knowing when it's appropriate and necessary to seek medical care.
If you’re ready to make autonomous and informed healthcare decisions for yourself and your loved ones, then enroll in Family Farmacy today and discover the freedom that comes with the knowledge and skills of herbal medicine making. Join our community of like-minded individuals and take the first step towards a healthier, happier, more sovereign, and natural lifestyle!
Enrollment closes September 30. Classes begin October 2 and spaces are filling up quickly, so secure your spot and your family’s wellness, today!
Please note: if you have a long-standing chronic issue and/or desire certificate-level training and guided mentorship, Herbal Medicine for the Soul would be a better fit for your goals.
- Introduction to Herbalism
- Herbal Energetics, Tastes, Affinities, Actions/Physiological Activities - from “adaptogen” to “vulnerary,” what do they really mean?
- How to easily incorporate herbalism into your wellness routine and make it a lifetime practice you can commit to and pass on to your children
- Strategies for developing herbal protocols for acute conditions
- Crafting formulas and recommended dosages
- Herbal support for stress, anxiety, sleep, energy, digestion, immunity, vibrant skin and more
- Best practices when working with herbs and avoiding common medicine-making mistakes
- Where to source high-quality herbs and to best preserve their potency
- Developing your family’s first-aid kit and travel kit
- Safety, contraindications, and side effects – discomfort is not the same as “toxic”
- How to lay a healthful foundation with food, movement, lifestyle and mindset
- Foundational lessons on anatomy and physiology of common conditions, materia medica, actions, and formulas for the:
- Musculoskeletal System
- Integumentary System
- Digestive System
- Reproductive and Endocrine Systems
- Urinary System
- Cardiovascular System
- Respiratory System
- Nervous System
- Immune system
- Considerations on when it’s time intervene, trust the body’s natural healing processes, and when to seek medical care
- Each week for 11 weeks you’ll receive an engaging and information-rich video lesson that you’ll get to watch on your own time.
- Detailed, accessible, and step-by-step video and written instructions on how to make your own herbal remedies. You’ll become proficient at making different strengths of teas, decoctions, syrups, tinctures, infused oils, glycerites, vinegars, baths, poultices, oxymels, salves, sprays, liniments, and capsules.
- 24 Comprehensive plant profiles aka materia medica of accessible and beginner-friendly herbs, with special emphasis on herbs that are easy to grow and culinary herbs because we don’t always have to go far to get the healing we need
- Recipes, full transcripts, knowledge-check quizzes, quick-reference handouts, and reflection exercises.
- 3 Live, 2-hour Q&A calls on Wednesdays October 18th, November 15, and December 13th at 1:00pm Eastern Time. You will be able to submit your questions ahead of time.
- Lifetime access to the entire curriculum and Q&A call recordings
About Your Instructor
Hi! I’m Selima…
Since 2012 I, along with my wife Tami Lust, have helped thousands of people make breakthroughs in their health. By teaching my clients to incorporate herbal remedies and address the emotional root cause of illness, I empower people to feel whole, healthy, and vibrant.
Through our products that have touched over 20,000 households, private consultations, and courses that have taught over 5,000 students, my wife and I’s medicine, expertise and instruction have helped people overcome persistent health challenges, feel more youthful, put severe conditions into remission, improve immunity, wean off medications, jumpstart health-habits and more.
I am committed to helping people like you learn and heal with herbal medicine, so you can focus on the better things in life: your calling, your family, your purpose, and your passion. Through Family Farmacy program you'll be a part of our mission to equip every household with an herbalist.
I've also taught herbalism at Spelman College, The Shift Network, Dekalb County Public Library, Black Urban Growers, Sex Down South, and the NYC Spiritual Herbalism Conference.
Iwilla Remedy's work has been featured in various podcasts as well as Yoga Journal, Mother Earth Living, Refinery29, XONecole, and Well + Good. I'm a proud graduate of Spelman College (BA), Teachers College Columbia University (MA), the Peace Corps, and Sacred Vibes Apothecary Herbal Apprenticeship.
Enrollment Closes for 2023
Cancellation up to 7 days after the launch date of October 2, 2023 will be refunded at 80% of the registration price. After 7 days, there will be no refunds available.
Who is Family Farmacy for?
What if I can't make the live calls?
Will this prepare me to help others?
How can I interact with the other students in the program?
Do you have transcriptions available?
Do I need any special materials or equipment?
What kind of results have your students seen?
How much time should I devote to my studies?
We (the Iwilla Remedy team) are not doctors. The information shared in this course, provided at your request and given inside the Family Farmacy program is for educational and informational purposes only.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. We don’t treat or diagnose disease or illness and the information we share doesn’t do that either, nor does it replace or substitute medical advice.
Be smart, and seek medical help when you need it. Our products or content are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. For any suspected or known illness or health concern, always consult with your physician or health care provider prior to the purchase or use of any herbal product or program.